Lilypie First Birthday tickers

The Bump is Growing...

March 30, 2009 - 28 weeks and 2 days

I had another doctor's appointment on March 30th. The doctor said that I am measuring right at 28 weeks and that my blood pressure looks great. I asked her about the occasional swelling in my feet and ankles and she said that was normal and that I have nothing to really worry about since my blood pressure is looking okay. I am retaining protein in my system and my weight gain looks good too. That's good to hear although she did say that I should expect to gain 15 more pounds by the time the baby gets here. Whew...that seems like a lot but I have to keep reminding myself that its all for our precious baby growing inside me.

The doctor did an ultrasound to hear the heart beat and it was right at 142 bmp. He sounds very healthy and has been moving a lot. I did found out that the tightness that I'd been feeling in my stomach lately has been Braxton Hicks contractions. They have been happening every once in a while throughout the day but she said that as long as they don't start occurring in a pattern (ex: every 15 minutes) then it should be fine. She also said this typically starts to happen around the 28th week.

But overall it was great visit and I've been feeling great. Tony and I are getting so excited and can't believe that our pregnancy is flying by so quickly. Before we know it our little Mason will be here.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, you look great! I know you are so ready to see that little McAtee boy! He will be here in no time.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you. And you do too! I am excited to see our little one, but I also know that I have a lot more to do to be ready for him. So for now, I am okay with him "baking" a little longer.

    ReplyDelete