Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Doctor's Apt - March 9, 2009


I had my last monthly doctor's appointments this past Monday. So now that means I'll be going every two weeks. All I can say is WOW! I am already to the point of going every two weeks.


This past visit went smoothly as have all the others. During this one, they tested me for Gestational Diabetes. So I drank a lovely sugary drink that reminded me a lot of those freezer pops that come in a long slender clear plastic pouch that we used to eat as kids. I really can't remember the name for the life of me. It wasn't too bad, but still VERY sugary. After an hour, they drew blood which is always a treat for me because I have terrible veins in my arms. I mean I have them but they aren't as easily accessible for things like drawing blood. So needless to say, they always have to go "fishing". Not a fun experience for me that is for sure. I was a little nervous about the results because I honestly didn't want to have to go back and do the three hour test. That's where you drink the same sugary drink and then they test your blood every hour for three hours. Yikes! Drawing that much blood and going "fishing" each time seems like a bad dream.


Nevertheless, I got GREAT NEWS! I found out that I tested normal. So no worries about changing my diet and having to go back for more tests. I did find out that I am a little anemic though. Which taking an additional iron supplement will take care of that.


The baby's heartbeat has lowered a bit from our last appointment going from 160 bpm to 146 bpm. The doctor said that this is to be expected and normal. My measurements and weight are looking good too. So in all it was a good progress report.

1 comment:

  1. I was just telling Justin on Thursday that your pregnancy was going by so quick to me. I cannot believe you are already finished with the monthly appointments. You will be going every week before you know it! I am glad that you tested normal...gestational diabetes is not fun and getting your blood drawn four times in a three hour period isn't fun either! I cannot wait to see your cute baby bump on Wednesday (and you too!)

    ReplyDelete