Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 12th - The day we found out!

I guess we need to take you back to October 12th, the day we found out we were pregnant. I had just come home from San Diego, Ca for a business conference and Tony just returned from Ohio for the Kent State Homecoming game. It had been only 2 days since my last missed period so I wasn't sure if it was too soon to test. I also didn't openly bring it up to Tony because I was still contemplating whether or not I should test by myself and then plan a cute surprise for him. Well, he beat me to the punch. He ended up asking me right before we laid down for bed around 11:00pm that Sunday night. So what could I say, the decision was made for me. So I got up and tested. It was almost instantaneous that two pink stripes showed up on the stick. Tony was in the other room and I started giggling. He immediately ran in the bathroom and I looked up and said, "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!" He smiled so big and we just sat there staring at each other in disbelief and with the biggest grins on our faces. We couldn't stop smiling. WOW - Praise God! We both couldn't believe it happened so fast and on our first try. Needless to say we couldn't go to sleep right away that night. We ended up staying up talking and started thinking about all the planning that was in store for us.

The photographic evident. It's positive!

Tony and I with the photographic evidence.
Again, it was 11:00pm right before bed. We didn't exactly plan for this Kodak moment.






Tony celebrating the good news. Of course I was the designated picture person. We thought showing me with my celebratory glass of water would be boring.





2 comments:

  1. You guys are too cute! I am so excited for what you guys have in store. Keep the pictures coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both are adorable, I agree water wouldn't have had the same effect. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete