Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 12th - 17 Weeks (and two days)

This picture was taken on January 12th which was the same day of my doctor's appointment. We took the Quad Screening test which tests for Downes Symdrome and Spina Bifida. We were relieved to find out that the tests came back negative. Our next appointment is on February 9th. We'll finally get to find out if we're having a little girl or little boy. Not only will we find the sex out but our doctor will also get to take a sneak peak of our babies development. We pray that he or she is on schedule and is growing just the way it needs to be at 21 weeks.

People keep asking us what we think we're having. So I guess I'll document our guess. I think I am having a little boy. Now I say this because everyone I know has been saying that since I didn't have morning sickness that it would be a boy. They (whoever they really is?) say that girls tend to come with morning sickness. I guess I also tend to say HE instead of SHE because I have two nephews and that's just what I am used to saying when refering to babies. Tony thinks its a boy too. I am not sure if he has any real theories about it but I just know that from day one he's asked my belly, "How's my little Mason doing?" But I keep telling him that he better watch out. Avery Claire might be getting her feelings hurt.
Either way, we just hope that our baby is healthy and has all 10 fingers and 10 toes. We are really excited to start planning the nursery and picking out colors.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa - you look great!!! I don't know what you guys are having, but will be happy with either Baby boy McAtee or Baby Girl McAtee. I will tell you that me and two of my friends had our babies right together. We all had boys. Two of us have very little morning sickness. The other one, however, threw up 2-5 times a day for the first 20 weeks. You never know!?!

    ReplyDelete