Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 17, 2009 - Happy St. Patrick's Day



So I thought I would tell my embarassing story from St. Patrick's Day...

Since Tony and I were obviously going to be spending the evening in, I went to Walmart to develop pictures. While there, Tony called. He persuasively proceeded to ask me if I could pick up a six back of beer so he could "celebrate his Irish heritage." I agreed because this was a "special" occassion. Plus I told him that if I get him beer, then I was going to get a carton of ice cream as an equal trade off.

Well, while walking towards the beer aisle, I quickly realized what this was going to look like. A pregnant woman buying a six pack of beer...Not good! So I called Tony back and explained my case, but his comment was, "Oh, don't worry its for your husband. Everyone will realize that. Plus, you're in Walmart. I am sure people have seen that before."

Although, that was not very convincing for me, I grabbed the six pack for him anyways. I thought I would be a good wife and undergo the humiliation. Wow, that's love for you, right? Luckily, I had a hand basket and it fit perfectly inside. No one could tell I was carrying beer.

So I made the long walk from the back of the store to the front check out lanes. As the cashier was checking me out, I realized that I had grabbed the wrong six pack. Knowing how much Tony would like his favorite beer, I asked the cashier if I could run back to the back and pick up the right one. She agreed and said she'd wait for me.

So again, I quickly walked all the way to the back beer aisle. What a long walk! But this time, I was coming back fully exposed. No basket, no nothing to cover up the fact that this pregnant lady was buying beer. Needless to say, almost every person that I passed had that worried look on their face. You could just tell they were thinking, "Oh, dear! Can you believe that pregnant woman is buying beer?" I felt like the cops were going to jump out of the aisles at any moment and put me in hand cuffs. But they didn't and I made it back to the front.

Right as I put the beer down in front of the cashier, I felt I had to explain myself to someone. So I proceeded to tell her that this beer wasn't for me but for my husband. You could tell she was relieved as she said she was wondering that very thing as I walked off the first time. She laughed though and said it was okay.

So when I got home, I told Tony what I went through so he could "celebrate his heritage". He laughed too but was very appreicative. I just hope that I win the wife of the year award...

No comments:

Post a Comment