Lilypie First Birthday tickers

The Crib is DONE!

Tony finished the crib just in time for Mother's Day - May 10, 2009. This was the best gift he could give me...and his little boy. He was also able to show it off to his mom and pops who flew down for Mother's Day and a baby shower that weekend. I know they were just as impressed.
So here's the story behind this picture. Tony had been questioned whether or not the crib would support the baby or not. He was told that he should test it out by putting a couple cement blocks in it to see if it would withstand the weight. Of course he met the challenge and took it even further. He decided that he would get in it and sure enough it held him. I will say its a relief to know that it will hold our baby. If it can hold a 200 pound grown man, then our baby will be just fine.


Look how excited he was. He's so adorable!


And then of course, he had to test whether or not it would sleep comfortably. I think it passed with flying colors! We'll have to compare these pictures to when Mason gets here. I wonder if he'll look anything like his daddy in the crib. Hopefully he'll look like his daddy...just not as big as his daddy. :)



And in closing, I'd like to leave you with words from the Author / Editor of this blog to my loving husband.

Tony,
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. You did a fabulous job making the crib. I couldn't be more impressed with your craftsmanship. I am so proud of all your hard work, determination and effort you put into making this wonderful creation happen. Thank you for being patient with me and for letting me assist you as "Quality Control Manager". I know sometimes you wanted to throw the QCM out of the garage (workshop) a couple of times. But through it all, I think we made a great team. Hopefully you thought so too. I can't wait to share this wonderful piece with our children and may be even our grandchildren. You're the best husband and I just know you'll be the best father!
- Love always and forever
Melissa (aka you're loving QCM)

2 comments:

  1. It looks great!!! Baby Mason is going to love it. I cannot wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tony!!! I can't wait to see Mason sleeping in the crib and what a wonderful thing to know that daddy made it just for him. A true blessing.

    ReplyDelete